Resources for calculus-based mechanics at SJSU
Here are the links to videos and other resources for calculus-based mechanics at SJSU (Physics 50). You may find these helpful to prepare for Physics 50 before the semester begins.
These websites are under construction during Fall 2016 so please check back for updates.
- Welcome to Calculus-based mechanics at SJSU (video)
- Vectors, significant figures, unit conversions
- Kinematics in one dimension (velocity, acceleration, etc), including constant and time-dependent acceleration
- Kinematics in two and three dimensions (emphasis on projectile motion and uniform circular motion)
- Newton's Laws of Motion; particle dynamics
- Work, energy and the conservation of energy
- Momentum and collisions
- Rotational kinematics and dynamics (torque and angular momentum)
- Statics and equilibrium
- Oscilations; periodic motion; simple harmonic motion
- Gravitation (at SJSU, we usually do not have time to cover this topic)